Agenda – 29th March 2022
West Knoyle Parish Council
Parish Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
Correspondence address: Duchy Manor, Springfield Road, Mere, Wiltshire. BA12 6EW
Tel: (01747) 860701 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
23rd March 2022
Your attendance is requested for a Parish Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, 29th March 2022 at 7.30 p.m. in West Knoyle Village Hall.
Mrs. L. C. Wood,
- Public Session
This provides an opportunity for members of the public to raise questions about and comment on items on the agenda. The Chairman will re-convene the Parish Council meeting after the public session (please note that members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests from Councillors on matters to be considered at the meeting. Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the West Knoyle Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011.
- 4. Minutes – To resolve that the Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday, 30th November 2022 be approved as a correct record (Minutes attached).
- Casual Vacancy – to co-opt member to fill Casual Vacancy
For new member to complete Declaration of Acceptance of Office and sign Register of Disclosable Interests.
- Matters Arising from previous meeting
- a) The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Celebrations 2022
- b) Adoption of Wiltshire Council Climate Strategy
- Reports & Consultations
- a) Wiltshire Councillors report
- b) To report on insurance claim and building work that has taken place on Village Hall
- c) Government’s White Paper: Levelling Up the United Kingdom published 2.2.22 (the actual document is 305 pages so here is a link to the LGA briefing) – https://www.local.gov.uk/parliament/briefings-and-responses/levelling-white-paper-lga-briefing
- a) Planning applications to consider at the meeting
- None at time of printing agenda
- b) Planning applications considered since last Parish Council meeting
- Footpaths, Highways, Traffic & Transport
- a) Highway and footpath issues and issues for parish steward
- b) Notification of Urgent Closure of: C297 (part), West Knoyle. See link: https://api-gb.one.network/downloads/tm/1142/ttrn-c297-part-west-knoyle_128137492_3423191_e133559d3a.pdf
The closure can also be found on one.network here: https://one.network/?tm=128137492
- Play Area
- a) Report on RoSPA Play Area Inspection report and update on schedule of actions identified (schedule attached)
- b) Play Area Maintenance & other equipment repairs
- Finance, Policy & Resources
- a) Payments – to approve the following payments
|L. C. Wood||Salary Q4 2021/22||184.00|
|HMRC||PAYE Q4 2021/22||46.00|
|T. J. Thornley||Updates for website and adding accounts & audit information||????|
- b) Report on latest bank reconciliation
- c) Update on banking & signatory arrangements
- d) To review and assess the effectiveness of internal controls (schedule attached)
- e) To consider and adopt Complaints Policy (draft attached)
- f) Invitation to WALC Online Event – Fighting Climate Change – (learn more about the actions that councils can take locally to fight climate change and discover how councils are already doing this successfully) Wednesday, 25th May 2022 – 12.00 – 13.15 BST (£38.93 per ticket if paid by card.)
- Date of next meeting
- a) To set date and time of next meeting and date & time of Annual Parish Meeting
Members are reminded that the Parish Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health & Safety and Human Rights.