West Knoyle Parish Council
Parish Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
Correspondence address: Duchy Manor, Springfield Road, Mere, Wiltshire. BA12 6EW
Tel: (01747) 860701 e-mail: email@example.com
6th May 2023
Your attendance is requested for the Annual Parish Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, 16th May 2023 immediately after the Annual Parish Meeting in West Knoyle Village Hall.
Mrs. L. C. Wood,
- To elect Chairman of West Knoyle Parish Council for 2023/24 and to receive the Chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office
- To elect Vice-Chairman of West Knoyle Parish Council for 2023/24 and to receive the Vice-Chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests from Councillors on matters to be considered at the meeting.
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the West Knoyle Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011.
- Public Session
This provides an opportunity for members of the public to raise questions about and comment on items on the agenda. The Chairman will re-convene the Parish Council meeting after the public session (please note that members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
- Minutes – To approve Minutes of Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday, 22nd March 2023.
- To appoint/re-appoint representatives to outside bodies/organisations and arrangements for reporting back:
|Footpaths & Rights of Way
|Cllr. Alex Davies
|Cllr. Tony Davis
|Chairman & Vice-Chairman
|Play Area Safety Inspections
|Cllr. Marcus Randall
- To review bank accounts and signatory arrangements.
- To appoint/reappoint internal auditor
- To review and adopt the Standing Orders for West Knoyle Parish Council
- To review and adopt the Financial Regulations for West Knoyle Parish Council
- To fix the dates and times of ordinary meetings of the Council for the ensuing year.
- Matters Arising
- Wiltshire Councillor’s Report
- Planning (All applications can be viewed on Wiltshire Council’s website http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/environmentandplanning/planninganddevelopment/planningapplicationssearchonline/planningsearch.htm – and type in the relevant application number)
a) Applications to consider at the meeting:
b) Applications considered/determined since last meeting:
- Footpaths, Highways, Traffic & Transport
a) Highway and footpath issues for parish steward
b) Flooding at Stoney Bridge
- Play Area
a) Play Area maintenance & other equipment repairs
a) Assets/Insurance – To review Council’s asset register & insurance provision
b) Payments – To approve payments as shown in payment schedule:
|Zurich Municipal Policy Renewal Premium (1.6.23 – 31.5.2)
|S. 137 Donation
|Mere & District Linkscheme
|S. 137 Donation
|Citizens Advice Bureau
|S. 137 Donation
|H. M. Revenue & Customs
|PAYE 2023/24 – Quarter 1
|L. C. Wood
|Salary (April, May & June – Q1 2023/24
|Mere Parish Council
|Contribution towards office (2023/24)
|Rob Pearce Ground Maintenance
|Play Area – Grass Cutting
a) Audit of Accounts for the year ending 31st March 2023:
- To consider the Accounting Statements prepared & signed by the
- To receive and note the Annual Internal Audit Report
- To approve the Annual Governance Statement (Section 1)
- To approve the Accounting Statements (Section 2)
- Certificate of Exemption – To confirm that West Knoyle Parish Council meets the qualifying criteria to be exempt from a limited assurance review by the external auditor and to RESOLVE to certify West Knoyle Parish Council “exempt” from External Audit.
- Chairman & Clerk sign the Annual Governance Statement and Chairman signs the Accounting Statements
- Notice of Public Rights & Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance & Accountability Return & to note commencement date for the exercise of public rights (as set by the RFO)
- Chairman & RFO to sign the Certificate of Exemption
|Before 1 September 2023
The authority publishes: (on itResponsible Financial Officer (RFO)s website)
a) The Annual Internal Audit Report;
b) The Annual Governance Statement;
c) The Accounting Statements;
d) An analysis of any significant year on year variances
e) A bank reconciliation as at 31 March 2023
f) A copy of the Certificate of Exemption;
g) Details of the arrangements for the exercise of public rights; and
h) The name and address of the External Auditor
- b) Clerk’s Vacancy
- General Items
- Date of next meeting
Members are reminded that the Parish Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health & Safety and Human Rights.