West Knoyle Parish Council
Parish Clerk – Mrs. L. C. Wood
Correspondence address: Duchy Manor, Springfield Road, Mere, Wiltshire. BA12 6EW
Tel: (01747) 860701 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
17th June 2021
Your attendance is requested for a Parish Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, 22nd June 2021 at 7.30 p.m. in West Knoyle Village Hall.
Mrs. L. C. Wood,
- Public Session
This provides an opportunity for members of the public to raise questions about and comment on items on the agenda. The Chairman will re-convene the Parish Council meeting after the public session (please note that members of the public are no longer permitted to speak unless invited to do so by the Chairman).
Please Note: By entering the meeting room you are consenting to the use of your name being recorded in the Minutes. The meeting may also be recorded by the press or members of the public. Any person or organisation choosing to film, record or broadcast any meeting of the Council or its committees is responsible for any claims or other liability resulting from them so doing and by choosing to film, record or broadcast proceedings they accept that they are required to indemnify the Council, its members and officers in relation to any such claims or liabilities.
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To confirm receipt of Declaration of Acceptance of Office forms from Cllrs. Jinny Brockway (Chairman) + Cllr. Paul Yates (Vice-Chairman)
- To receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests from Councillors on matters to be considered at the meeting.
Members are invited to declare disclosable pecuniary interests and other interests in items on the agenda as required by the West Knoyle Code of Conduct for Members and by the Localism Act 2011.
- 5. Minutes – To approve Minutes of Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday, 18th May 2021 (Minutes attached)
- Matters Arising
- Wiltshire Councillors report
- Footpaths, Highways, Traffic & Transport
- a) Highway and footpath issues for parish steward
- Play Area
- a) Report on schedule to carry out actions identified in Annual RoSPA Play Area Inspection report
- Finance, Policy & Resources
- a) Audit of Accounts for the year ending 31st March 2021:
- To consider the Accounting Statements prepared & signed by the Responsible Financial Officer (RFO)
- To receive and note the Annual Internal Audit Report
- To approve the Annual Governance Statement (Section 1)
- To approve the Accounting Statements (Section 2)
- Certificate of Exemption – To confirm that West Knoyle Parish Council meets the qualifying criteria to be exempt from a limited assurance review by the external auditor and to RESOLVE to certify West Knoyle Parish Council “exempt” from External Audit.
- Chairman & Clerk sign the Annual Governance Statement and Chairman signs the Accounting Statements
- Notice of Public Rights & Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance & Accountability Return & to note commencement date for the exercise of public rights (as set by the RFO)
- Chairman & RFO to sign the Certificate of Exemption
Before 1 September 2020
The authority publishes: (on its website)
a) The Annual Internal Audit Report;
b) The Annual Governance Statement;
c) The Accounting Statements;
d) An analysis of any significant year on year variances
e) A bank reconciliation as at 31 March 2021
f) A copy of the Certificate of Exemption;
g) Details of the arrangements for the exercise of public rights; and
h) The name and address of the External Auditor
- b) Report on latest bank reconciliation
- c) Payments – to approve the following payments
The Community Heartbeat Trust
New battery for Defib (4-year life)
- Date of next meeting
Members are reminded that the Parish Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health & Safety and Human Rights.